As we all know, the COVID pandemic has impacted the way we work and live and at Instant Neighbour we want to ensure that everyone who donates, volunteers and is helped by us is kept safe and healthy during these times.
For this year’s Giving Tree Appeal we have in place procedures and processes to ensure that we adhere to current guidelines and maximise the safety of everyone who helps and benefits from the Appeal.
Our current COVID procedure for the Giving Tree Appeal is as follows:
- gift donations will be held at their drop off point in quarantine for 48hrs before being delivered to the sorting location
- they will then be held in quarantine for a further 48hrs once they have arrived at the sorting location
- gifts will be sorted and packaged by our volunteers under social distancing measures
- gifts will be delivered (or collected) to your group
- you will then need to quarantine gifts for 48hrs before they are handed out to families/children
- delivery of gifts will be completed by the 16th December to allow for the quarantine period required
Our current guidance for our volunteers for this year’s appeal are as follows:
- Face Masks MUST be worn while on the premises
- Gloves are optional while on the premises and handling the gifts
- There will be a mandatory 1m distancing rule in place within the premises
- All Volunteers must have completed their COVID disclaimer prior to attending their allocated time slot (This will be sent out to the email that you use for signing up)
All procedures we have in place are subject to change based on government guidelines.
If you would like to know more about the Giving Tree Appeal and how you or your organisation can help please send an email to email@example.com