Giving Tree 2012 Appeal Launch

Instant Neighbour has today launched our annual Giving Tree Appeal. The Giving Tree distributes new toys to young people across the North East of Scotland who would not otherwise receive a gift at Christmas.

The Giving Tree is vital for thousands of young people across the North East, giving them the chance to have a Happy Christmas. Over the number of years we have run the appeal, we have been overwhelmed at the generosity of those living in the area without whose support we simply could not delight so many.

Please help us continue to support those children who would otherwise go without a gift at Christmas. Christmas Trees are displayed around the City of Aberdeen with gift tags attached. Please take a gift tag from one of these trees, buy a new gift for the child named on the gift tag, wrap it, and return it to one of the stores listed on the gift tag by Monday 3rd December. This allows our team of volunteers to sort and distribute the gifts in enough time for Christmas.

Thank you for your generosity! For further information about the appeal, please click here or contact us by email.

7 comments for “Giving Tree 2012 Appeal Launch

1. Lisa
    November 29, 2012 at 8:02 pm

I have a couple of gifts for the giving tree which I am waiting to drop off. I am not sure whether its best to wrap them or to provide paper and tape for wrapping as I know from previous years that the gifts are often unwrapped to check that they are age/gender appropriate…can you let me know what’s best otherwise I will wrap them and drop them off on Monday. Thanks,

Lisa

2. November 30, 2012 at 9:59 am

Lisa,

It is entirely up to you whether you wrap the gifts or not. If they are wrapped, we would ask that the age/gender of the child is clearly attached to the gift. That way they would not require to be unwrapped.

Thank you for helping make The Giving Tree a success this year!

3. Yvonne Leslie
    November 30, 2012 at 4:01 pm

The tag I have for the giving tree, just says Baby 0-3 months and there is no name on it, I therefore don’t know if I should wrap it or not?

Yvonne

4. December 3, 2012 at 9:55 am

Yvonne,

Thanks for taking the time to help this year – it’s very much appreciated. You don’t need to wrap the gift. The cards don’t always have names on them but your gift will go to a child that will have a lovely Christmas thanks to you.

Thanks again. I hope you and your family and friends have a happy and safe festive season.

5. Fiona
    December 3, 2012 at 9:46 pm

I have a gift for the appeal but have been ill so unfortunately haven’t been able to get it back to a collection point. I’m sure when I helped sort the presents at your warehouse a few years ago that donations were still coming in mid-december so is there anywhere in the town centre that you’ve yet to collect from? If not what is the latest date I need to try and get it to St Machar Drive by?
    Thanks
    Fiona

6. December 4, 2012 at 11:28 am

Fiona,

Thanks for your help this year, particularly when you’ve been ill. We would recommend that you drop your gift back at our office at St Machar Drive at this stage. The last day for returning gifts to us is 17th December so we would ask that you return your gift to us here by that date.

Many thanks.

7. Kirsty
    December 6, 2012 at 3:52 pm

I would like to donate a gift but I dont have a card. Am I still able to do so? If so where can I drop it off?

Thanks